Carmelita Malbec 2014 (Case of 6)
Carmelita Malbec 2014 is dark ruby red in colour. The complex, fruity and spicy nose displays aromas of dark cherries, plums and hints of black pepper. This medium bodied Malbec has gentle tannins and a pleasantly fruity finish.
- Vintage: 2014 vintage
- ABV: 14.5%
- Size: 75cl
- Production: 1,200 bottles
- Yield: 1.9 tonnes per acre
- Winemaking: 4 day cold maceration; 7 day post-fermentation maceration; 24 day total maceration period. 10 day primary fermentation performed in a small tank (average temperature 26 - 29°C). Malolactic fermentation in barrel ended in September 2013.
- Maturation: 18 months in Boutes French oak (50% new)
- Bottling: Bottled on the 4th November 2015. Unfiltered to ensure aromatic integrity. The wine will show deposits after cellaring - decanting an hour before drinking is recommended.