Carmelita Malbec 2012 (Case of 6)
Carmelita Malbec 2012 is intense ruby red violet in colour. The nose displays aromas of fresh blackberries, plums, violets and nutmeg. This firm, full bodied Malbec has chalky sweet tannins and is long in its finish.
- Vintage: 2012 vintage
- ABV: 14.5%
- Size: 75cl
- Production: 1,200 bottles
- Yield: 0.6 tonnes per acre
- Winemaking: 5 day cold maceration; 4 day post-fermentation maceration; 26 day total maceration period. 17 day primary fermentation performed in a small tank (average temperature 26 - 29°C). Malolactic fermentation in barrel ended 17th August 2012.
- Maturation: 25 months in Boutes French oak (75% new)
- Bottling: Bottled on the 17th June 2014. Unfiltered to ensure aromatic integrity. The wine will show deposits after cellaring - decanting an hour before drinking is recommended.